[ndbug] Self Introduction

N.J. Thomas njt at ayvali.org
Tue Apr 28 12:09:46 EDT 2015

* Siju George <sgeorge.ml2 at gmail.com> [2015-04-28 21:01:58+0530]:
> I am Siju from Kerala ( Mallu ).
> Been using BSD's for more than 10 years

hi Siju,

Glad to have you on board! Also, congrats on being the first poster to
NDBUG. =-)

> More than 10 years back I was part of BSD-India mailinglist
> created and run by Arun Sharma

Ah, I was looking for references to BSD India, but I didn't find any
concrete links to it.

Like BSD India, NDBUG has as similar charter, we want to help out BSD
users living in India or of Indian origin to get together to discuss and
promote BSD usage on the subcontinent. Honestly, I would have started a
generic Indian BSD User group as well, but somewhere down the line we
want to start physical meetups, hence the New Delhi part.

> It stopped running and I have been missing one for Indians.
> Thanks for this one.

Many folks have pointed out to me that the problem with the various
Indian user groups and mailing lists (not just BSD, but Linux, FOSS,
etc.) was that they were short-lived, so I firmly intend to keep NDBUG
running for a very long time.

For now we want to get the word out and folks subscribed to
the list, so anything you can do to promote NDBUG would be great.

thanks,
Thomas