[ndbug] NAS hardware + ZFS

N.J. Thomas njt at ayvali.org
Sat Jul 18 00:33:13 EDT 2015

* Hrishikesh Murukkathampoondi <hrishim at gmail.com> [2015-07-10 13:56:31+0530]:
> I recently assembled a home NAS and installed FreeNAS on it. That
> prompted me to look up what is happening with currently in OpenBSD and
> FreeBSD - lots of new stuff ZFS, LibreSSL, Capsicum, Bhyve.

hi Hrishi,

What sort of hardware is thathome NAS of yours?

I'm in the middle of setting up some storage/backup servers. I have a
couple of servers online, and almost ready to go. I want to setup an
offline  at home, and I have a ~6 year old NAS box that I'm thinking of
using for this, but I could go for a new box as well.

Playing around with ZFS has been *so* *much* *fun*. I'm kicking myself
for not using it years ago.

Thomas