[ndbug] Amazon opens AWS Asia Pacific (Mumbai) Region

N.J. Thomas njt at ayvali.org
Tue Jun 28 14:08:05 PDT 2016

* George Rosamond <george at ceetonetechnology.com> [2016-06-28 15:03:56-0400]:
> > Closely on the heels of DO's Bangalore datacenter opening, Amazon
> > opens an AWS Asia Pacific Region in Mumbai:
>
> I'm wondering why it took so long.  Seems like if colo is expensive in
> a country, especially one as large as India, vps/cloud-esque solutions
> would find fertile ground.

I wonder if the DO Bangalore datacenter announcement (sometime last
year, IIRC) scared them into opening up this region. Just speculating.

Also, I didn't know until today that Microsoft Azure had 3 Indian
regions (Pune, Chennai, Mumbai). That leaves only Google as a major
cloud provider without an Indian presence.

Thomas