[ndbug] moved NDBUG server to India

N.J. Thomas njt at ayvali.org
Mon Jul 25 22:51:16 PDT 2016

* Philip Paeps <philip at trouble.is> [2016-07-26 10:36:20+0530]:
> > I took some time to move my Tor nodes to India as well.
>
> Exit nodes?

Nah, both are middle relays. While I think it is worthwhile to do so, I
don't have the wherewithal to deal with running exit nodes. =-/

> Or just bridges?  Seems "ambitious" to run exits in India!

Totally. I've heard horror stories about people running exit nodes in
the U.S. dealing with the authorities. Haven't heard about exit node
operators in India yet, but I can't imagine it would be any better.

In other Tor-node-in-India related news: I think the last time George
posted here about it on NDBUG, he mentioned there were about 10 Tor
relays in India. If my Compass-fu is right, I count about double that
number right now, and at least 8 of those are from Digital Ocean, so
that's very encouraging to see.

Thomas