[ndbug] indraprastha upgrade

N.J. Thomas njt at ayvali.org
Mon Nov 23 23:13:38 PST 2020

* Philip Paeps <philip at trouble.is> [2020-11-09 09:37:27+0800]:
> On 2020-11-07 09:22:17 (+0800), N.J. Thomas wrote:
> > It's currently running FreeBSD 12.2-RELEASE, we are just reinstalling
> > to upgrade to ZFS.
>
> Do your future self a favour while you're doing that and make the
> freebsd-boot partition a little larger than you may be accustomed to.
> I suggest 512k.

Fascinating. I had completed the upgrade by the time you had sent this
email. I just checked and my freebsd-boot partition is 256k.

That was 100% part of the Digital Ocean install, I'm not sure I had any
control over the size of that partition when I installed.

> eventually you'll want to upgrade to 13 when it's released.  Your
> future self will thank your past self at that time if the freebsd-boot
> partition is large enough.

Would 256k be big enough for 13-RELEASE? I'd rather take the pain of
upgrading now if I need to go up to 512k.

Thomas