[ndbug] IRC channel

Siju George sgeorge.ml2 at gmail.com
Fri Jan 22 18:29:36 PST 2016

On Sat, Jan 23, 2016 at 6:13 AM, N.J. Thomas <njt at ayvali.org> wrote:

> But I do use IRC, and I'd like to gauge your interest in it. Do you use
> IRC regularly? Do you think an NDBUG channel for IRC would be
> useful/helpful?

​Hi Thomas, I don't use IRC at all. But it is a quite useful medium for
newbies and people with a helping heart interact real time rather than wait
for 24 hour sometimes to get answer in a mailinglist.​

​Google+ has some BSD communities but getting realtime answers or informal
chat is possible through​ IRC.

Sometimes IRC can be a bad experience with snobs trolling newbies. So be
careful to humbly give one answer and try asking another person or wait for
some helpful one to pickup :-)

Regards

Siju